WindReach Farm is actively seeking members to join its Board of Directors. While we are interested in a variety of skills and experiences, we are looking for individuals with one or more of the following:
1. Experience working on not-for-profit boards;
2. Work experience in the corporate/private sector;
3. Skills and knowledge in one or more areas of Board governance: policy, not-for-profit accounting, program development, and/or human resources;
4. Knowledge and experience in philanthropy, fundraising, and sponsorship; and
5. Strong community networks and/or connections in the Durham Region.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Actively participate in the not-for-profit organization (10 to 14 hours per month)
* Attend all Board meetings
* Prepare for and participate in Board discussions and deliberations
* Exercise independent judgment when voting on all Board decisions
* Comply with governance policies and procedures
* Represent the Board at WindReach Farm events and activities, community meetings, third party events, etc.
* Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of WindReach Farm through a regular review of programs and services
* Foster a positive working relationship with other Board members, staff, volunteers and the WindReach Farm community
* Contribute financially to WindReach Farm and/or encourage and engage associates from personal networks for financial support on behalf of WindReach Farm
* Accountability to our donors for the services provided and funds expended
* Be aware of and abstain from any conflict of interest
If you are interested in applying to join WindReach Farm’s Board of Directors, please email the following to Kelly Taylor, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
* Your resume
* A short statement that describes your motivation for joining the Board and how you can meet the skills we are seeking.
Board positions will take effect as of our Annual General Meeting on April 29th 2017.